What are the 2020 Honda CR-V Safety Ratings?
If you’re like many Watford City and Dickinson families, safety is your top priority when choosing a new vehicle. For Honda models like the CR-V, safety ratings offer solid proof that the automaker remains at the leading edge of safety technology. While ratings for the 2021 CR-V haven’t yet been released, 2020 CR-V safety ratings from organizations like the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) and National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) are sure to impress. Check them out below, and don’t hesitate to give us a call at Ryan Honda to learn more about Honda Sensing® safety systems like Lane Keeping Assist.
IIHS 2020 CR-V Safety Ratings
IIHS ratings are graded in terms of Crashworthiness and Crash Avoidance Mitigation, with additional scoring categories for Child Seat Anchors and Headlights. Here’s how the CR-V LX base trim fared in crash tests:
Crash Avoidance & Mitigation
- Front crash prevention: Superior with optional equipment (highest possible rating)*
- Headlights: Acceptable*
- Child seat anchors (LATCH) ease of use: Acceptable*
- Small overlap front, driver and passenger side: Good*
- Moderate overlap front: Good*
- Side: Good*
- Roof strength: Good*
- Head restraints and seats: Good*
NHTSA 2020 CR-V Safety Ratings
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration** rated the LX FWD configuration on a 5-star scale in the following categories:
- Overall Rating: 5 Stars**
- Frontal Crash: 5 Stars**
- Side Crash: 5 Stars**
- Rollover: 4 Stars**
The NHTSA also singled out the CR-V as a top safety scorer, naming it a Top Safety Pick (when equipped with high-beam assist headlights).
Honda CR-V Standard Safety Features
What accounts for such high CR-V safety scores across the board? Across the base trim on up, New Town CR-V drivers can access a host of advanced safety technologies:
- Vehicle Stability Assist™ (VSA®) with Traction Control
- Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS)
- Electronic Brake Distribution (EBD)
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)
- Brake Assist
- LED Daytime Running Lights (DRL)
- Advanced Compatibility Engineering™ (ACE™) Body Structure
- Smart Vent® front side airbags
At the EX trim and higher, Stanley drivers unlock the driver-assist features included in the Honda Sensing® suite. These features use radar technology to scan road conditions and actively assist in preventing collisions:
- Collision Mitigation Braking System™ (CMBS™)
- Lane Keeping Assist System (LKAS)
- Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) with Low-Speed Follow
- Forward Collision Warning (FCW)
- Lane Departure Warning (LDW)
- Road Departure Mitigation System (RDM)
- Auto High-Beam Headlights
- Blind Spot Monitoring System (BSI) with Cross Traffic Monitor
- Multi-Angle Rearview Camera with Dynamic Guidelines
Test the Honda CR-V Safety Features in Williston
Now that you know all about the 2020 Honda CR-V safety ratings, why not explore what more this compact SUV has to offer? Contact our team for details about the HondaLink infotainment system, engine upgrades, and more! To get started today, apply for financing or value your trade online in minutes.
More From Ryan Honda
The 2021 Honda Pilot color options are a vibrant and important choice to match your personality when you decide on a new SUV to buy. It’s easy to argue that engine performance and efficiency, technological, infotainment, and safety are more important but at the end of the day it doesn’t hurt to look stylish while…
If you’re like many Watford City and Dickinson families, safety is your top priority when choosing a new vehicle. For Honda models like the CR-V, safety ratings offer solid proof that the automaker remains at the leading edge of safety technology. While ratings for the 2021 CR-V haven’t yet been released, 2020 CR-V safety ratings from…
The Honda Pilot has long been a favorite with families throughout the Watford City area, and the latest version takes versatility to the next level. The Honda Pilot dimensions create all the space you need for carpools, shopping trips, and anything else on your busy schedule. Featuring three rows of seats and an 8-person seating capacity,…
*For more information from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, visit https://www.iihs.org.
**Government 5-Star Safety Ratings are part of the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration’s (NHTSA’s) New Car Assessment Program. For additional information on the 5-Star Safety Ratings program, please visit safercar.gov. Model tested with standard side airbags.